The provincial health officer is implementing additional measures to address rising COVID-19 case counts that could result in increased hospitalizations and critical care admissions and the potential to overstress the health-care system.
Revised provincial health officer orders will take effect on Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
The restrictions will extend to Jan. 18, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., and include:
* no organized indoor social events and gatherings of any size;
* concerts, sports games and theatres reduced to 50% seated capacity, regardless of venue size;
* closing adult gyms, fitness centres and dance studios;
* closing bars and nightclubs; and
* limiting table sizes at restaurants, cafes and pubs to a maximum of six people per table with physical distancing or barriers.
These restrictions are in addition to the revised orders that took effect on Monday, Dec. 20.