Every day, people and businesses across BC are working hard to fight the virus and get life back on track. And your government is working with you.
- BC is providing more supports per capita for people and businesses than any other province.
- Budget 2021 continues to directly support people and businesses by continuing to funPreview (opens in a new tab)d the BC Recovery Benefit, and a range of measures to help businesses adapt and prepare to seize the opportunities that recovery will offer.
As more people get vaccinated, we can see a light at the end of tunnel — but we’re not there yet and keeping people safe is our top priority.
- Budget 2021 includes $900 million in new funding for testing, contact tracing, personal protective equipment and the largest vaccine rollout in B.C.’s history.
Budget 2021 is Funding Major Infrastructure Investments in Burnaby Including:
- To ensure students in Burnaby have a safe place to learn, Budget 2021 invests $25.8 million in a seismic replacement for Stride Avenue Elementary ($22.3M provincial, $3.6M school district contribution)
- The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training is partnering with the BC Institute of Technology (BCIT) on a 464-bed mass timber Student Housing project that will cost $114M.
- BC Housing is providing $15 million provincial investment in affordable housing funds to redevelop 91 units for low to moderate income families and seniors.
- BC Housing is providing $17 million of capital funding through the Affordable Rental Housing program to New Vista Society’s 125-unit affordable rental project located at 6585 Sussex Avenue.
- Phase 1 for redeveloping and upgrading the Burnaby Hospital so patients receive the best, most efficient care possible – $577.2M ($543.2M provincial, $34.0M foundation)
- Burnaby Hospital Emergency Department and Community Health Services Renovation that includes a new mental health and substance use department and consolidated community health services area – $10.7M ($9.2M Fraser Health Authority and $1.5M foundation and auxiliaries)